2019 Schedule for Auxin Stewardship Training
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
The schedule for the 2019 Auxin Herbicides- Best Management Practices training has been finalized. This training, presented by NC State University Weed Specialists and organized in cooperation with N.C.Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services will fulfill the training requirement mandated by federal and 24(c) labels of dicamba containing products registered for over-the-top use on dicamba-tolerant cotton and soybean. The training will also meet 24(c) label requirements for 2,4-D choline containing products for over-the-top use on 2,4-D-tolerant cotton in North Carolina
You will notice there is a series of trainings offered in Raleigh mid-March through early-May, 2019. These training will serve to catch any folks who were unable to attend an earlier training in their area. Also, on April 10 at noon. in Raleigh, growers/applicators will have the opportunity to receive the training in Spanish from Dr. Ramon Leon.
2019 Auxin Stewardship Training Schedule
Lastly, I will remind you of a few federal label changes for 2019:
- Only certified applicators may apply dicamba over the top (those working under the supervision of a certified applicator may no longer make applications)
- Prohibit over-the-top application of dicamba on soybeans 45 days after planting and cotton 60 days after planting
- For cotton, limit the number of over-the-top applications from 4 to 2 (soybeans remain at 2 OTT applications)
- Applications will be allowed only from 1 hour after sunrise to 2 hours before sunset
- In counties where endangered species may exist, the downwind buffer will remain at 110 feet and there will be a new 57-foot buffer around the other sides of the field (the 110-foot downwind buffer applies to all applications, not just in counties where endangered species may exist)
- Clarify the training period for 2019 and beyond, ensuring consistency across all three products
- Enhanced tank clean-out instructions for the entire system
- Enhanced label to improve applicator awareness on the impact of low pH’s on the potential volatility of dicamba
- Label clean up and consistency to improve compliance and enforceability