Meloidogyne enterolobii Internal Quarantine from NCDA On Friday, October 5, 2018, the N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services released a press …
Agriculture & Food
Extension and research at NC State address timely issues impacting our state. Extension delivers trusted information directly into the hands of farmers and agribusinesses, helping them translate knowledge into solutions that grow our economy and communities.
Earworm populations (known as bollworm in cotton) were relatively low in our system from 2011 to 2016. Arguably, at …
Corn is susceptible to damage at three stages (roughly): V1 to V6, V14 to VT and R1 to R4. …
Should you tank mix herbicides or nitrogen with insecticide to control stink bugs in corn? To be short and …
A recent NC State University graduate student, Arun Babu, has worked to generate new thresholds for stink bugs in …
Almost no one scouts their corn until it is too late. While insecticide seed treatments work some of the …
Are insecticidal seed treatments and in-furrow insecticides worth it in corn? Our evidence from North Carolina is mixed. The …
Our laboratory recently completed a vial bioassay with brown stink bugs collected from wheat. These are the same stink …
Stink bug pressure on seedling corn has not been heavy this year, even though a lot survived the relatively …
Folks have noted stink bugs moving into corn rapidly over the past week across the Coastal Plain. This is …
Stink bug pressure is already heavy this year. A lot of seedling injury has been reported (see previous article). …
Over the past two weeks, there have been a flood of reports of seedling insect pests of corn. I’ve …
Dear North Carolina Commodity Crop Producers, North Carolina produces more tobacco and sweet potatoes than any other state and ranks …
It’s been a while since we’ve had a new invasive pest of wheat, but an aphid, Sipha maydis, has …
Learn More Using the Resources Below
- Ag BioTech
- Executive Farm Management Program
- Extension Entomology - Insect Biology and Management
- Extension Plant Pathology
- Industrial Hemp
- NC FarmLink
- NC Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- NC Pesticide Safety Education
- NC Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program
- Official Variety Testing
More Extension Programs at NC State University
- Agricultural and Human Sciences
- Agriculture and Resource Economics Extension
- Apiculture and Beekeeping
- Biological and Agricultural Engineering
- Crop and Soil Sciences
- Extension Soils Program
- Mountain Horticultural Crops Research and Extension Center
- Vernon James Research and Extension Center
Partnerships and Organizations
- Center for Environmental Farming Systems (CEFS)
- National eXtension Initiative
- NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- NC State Climate Office
- USDA Agricultural Marketing Service
Publications, Information, and News
Recent Publications related to Agriculture & Food
Spotten tentiform leafminer description, life history, damage, and control.
Tarnished plant bug description, life history, damage, and control.
Dogwood borer description, life history, damage, and control.
Insidious plant bug description, life history, and predation.
Redbanded leafroller description, life cycle, damage, and control.